Wednesday, August 21, 2013

For the First Time ~~~ It's Not Back to School For Me~~

All over Face Book I'm seeing pictures and posts from parents and students of their very first day of school, their Senior Year, their first day of their last year of college, their first day of their last semester, etc.  You get the point~  My name is Johnna Carter Legendre.  For the first time in 16 years, I'm not teaching any students.

On May 25, 2013 we graduated our last daughter from our home school:  Grace Academy.   It was a bittersweet day.  I had accomplished the goal of graduating all three daughters from high school.  Another goal I had was that they would be prepared for college.  All three are currently attending four year institutions on scholarships. Now, I'm facing the reality that I don't have anyone to teach.

I was sharing with a friend about some of the things that I had learned and was still learning even as our last daughter was graduating high school.  My friend, who is a public school teacher, told me, "You should write a book.  I'd buy it."  Well, I don't know about anyone buying it....except for my friend, but I've decided that I can share about what I've learned over these past 16+ years.  Some things I wouldn't change...some things I would tweak....and some things I wish that I had done differently.

My goal for this blog is to share my experiences in order that home school parents might benefit from my journey.  As my three daughters began to enter college, I learned so much about the admissions and scholarship process that could be beneficial to all students:  public, private and home school.  So even if you don't home school, you may find helpful information for your student. 

Until the Next Time,
Johnna

No comments:

Post a Comment